Saturday, February 16, 2013

Vegan. Girl. Scout. Cookies.

You heard me.

File this one under "information I wish I didn't have."  One of the two manufacturers of Girl Scout cookies makes vegan Thin Mints and something called Thanks-a-lot, which did not exist when I was a Girl Scout but are also vegan.  They also make a version of Tagalongs that are not labelled "vegan", but I didn't see anything non-vegan on the label (maybe it's in the natural or artificial flavors?).  Thanks to The Laziest Vegans in the World, I now have this dangerous information.  And our secretary sells Girl Scout Cookies for her granddaughter's troop every year.

At least they aren't making vegan Samoas -- yet.  That would just be too much to bear.

2 comments:

  1. The Lemonades and Peanut Butter Patties from that manufacturer are also labeled vegan on the website :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's both wonderful and horrible. I just have to hope they never veganize Samoas.

      Delete