Sunday, September 30, 2012

Teasers



I was going to post pictures of the newest additions to our collection of Fiestaware kitty bowls (the Homer Laughlin Company calls them fruit bowls, but I think I know a kitty bowl when I see it), but my phone is dead so you'll just have to take my word for it that the new flamingo color (in stores now!) is the bomb.

I know some people have come up with themes for their vegan MoFo posts, and have even laid out a schedule of what's coming up.  I'm not that organized, but I realized that I do have the first few posts pretty much laid out in my head:

October 1:  World Vegetarian Day
October 2:  Roasted poblano peppers
October 3:  Refried beans
October 4:  Chili

After that, I'm not sure.  Maybe calabacitas.  Maybe something with acorn squash. If I'm able to find more dried hominy, I'll make posole.  But that's a big if.

I've been on a Southwestern food jag since I got back from New Mexico two weeks ago, and as you can see it shows no signs of ending.  I'm not going to commit to making the whole month about the Southwest, though.  At any moment I could crack and go back to my first love, Indian food, or throw in a macrobiotic recipe or something.  And at some point this month I'll probably write about my local farmer's market and fall produce.  Maybe I'll even sneak in those kitty bowls.

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. We and our pile of poblano peppers are looking forward to Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roasting poblanos is easy and fun! I recommend getting some vinyl gloves from the drugstore first.

      Delete